Big Sky Ranch cattle are 100% grass fed! They are never fed commercial feeds or additives, hormones are never used, and all of our cattle are raised humanely. The care and management of our ranch is solely with the best interest of our cattle in mind.
Big Sky cattle include all top quality purebred Red Angus and Charolais breeds. All of our calves are born and raised right here on the ranch and never confined in feedlots. The cattle are only gathered by horseback, and are always in pasture – which ultimately means stress free cows and guaranteed better meat!
WHY CHOOSE GRASS FED BEEF?
Beef from cattle raised on grass is better for your health! When compared with commercially produced beef, the benefits of grass-fed beef are clear:
- Lean protein- Grass fed cattle produce leaner cuts of beef with less total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol and calories than feedlot produced beef.
- Nutritious- In addition to lean protein, grass fed beef is rich in antioxidants, including Vitamin E, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin C, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Wholesome- Because of the natural diet and lower stress, beef from grass fed cattle does not contain the traces of added hormones, antibiotics or other drugs that can be found in commercially produced beef.
- Responsible- Our well-managed, pasture-raised cattle have a higher level of overall health and quality of life than commercially produced feedlot cattle.
“Grass fed… it’s how cattle were meant to be raised.” “If you love what you do, it’s not work, it’s a lifestyle.” ~ Leon & Alison Hunter.
“Grass fed beef producers in California are working hard so consumers can enjoy humanely raised, nutrient-dense, delicious meat. When you buy local beef from a quality producer, you’re doing your bit to help what is likely a family business survive during a brutal drought. You’re keeping them at home on the range.”
– Jane Lear, excerpt from article: “There’s An Environmental Case to Be Made for Eating Grass-Fed Beef“